Monday, August 30, 2010

My 1991 Honda Accord is Gone!

need a car. Does anyone have an extra car sitting around??? Anybody own a car dealership???

On Friday night my car was stolen. I arrived home from San Diego. Parked outside the house. Went in. Hung out with Melqui for an hour before going to dinner and when we went outside an hour later the car was gone.

It happened on Friday but I'm only talking about it today cause I've literally been in shock for the last two days. Not angry shock or sad shock...just...I just can't believe it's gone. It was stolen once before in SF but I got it back.

Honestly, the car was being destroyed in Tijuana. The streets here are horrible. The potholes are deep like craters. I've seen cars get stuck in Tijuana potholes. The drivers in Mexico are not good. They ignore traffic signals and signs. You never know if you're in a one-lane, two-lane, or three-lane road. It's a free-for-all. No one has insurance.

You park, go in a store, come out and there's a huge dent in your side.

A month ago someone hit Melqui while he was parked.

I could go on and on. This car would not have survived another year in Mexico. It's sad, but true.

And I'm grateful I got as much as I did out of it. 20 years and 350,000 miles. It was in very good condition before coming to Mexico. The mechanics couldn't believe how many miles it had and some said they thought I would get to 500,000 miles and more. Caryn Horwitz, my long term friend, biz partner, ex-wife, bought the car 20 years ago, brand new. Who would've thought 20 years later I'd still be driving it.

But it's gone and I'm sure it's in a million pieces by now.

The hardest part is that I loved that car. People would ask if I wanted a new car and truthfully, I didn't. I wanted that car to keep running perfectly.

I travelled all over the country in that car. Had countless crazy adventures. I feel like I've lost my diary. Or a scrapbook. I feel like I've lost a friend. One

So now, here I am in Mexico, with no car. Melqui walked to work today. Yesterday, Melqui and I rode on a bus that was so rundown it was comical. They call them Calafia's. I'll take a photo an post it on the blog or Facebook.

I need to find a very tough, strong truck, van or suv, I think. I hope to start touring again and traveling, and it would be great to have something with storage. I don't know. My favorite car I ever rode in, besides my Honda, were the those 1970 vans with swivel seats, carpeting and tables...lol...like moving hotel rooms...my friend Cameron Parsons had one and I loved it.

So I don't know what I'm gonna do. But that's the news.

Adios 1991 Honda Accord. I miss you so much! Nothing lasts forever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Accident Additional Affect air force one airphil express Asbestos Attorney Washington austin texas criminal lawyer auto insurance automobile Awareness b2k bank of america bank of america online bank of america online banking sign in Barry basic of car insurance Biggest Books Breast burning man burning series california lemon law lawyer Cancer car free insurance online quote car insurance car insurance in hawaii Car Parts Car Rental Cars cars online Caryn Horwitz Case Charges Charity cheapest choice chris stokes christina hendricks Measurements Citigroup Claims Comics Common comparison Consumers Counsel Coverage Critical Current cy waits cy waits net worth cy waits photo cy waits wiki Death disney cars Donate Donations Driving electric cars Enough erin andrews erin andrews video Everyone Factors farfar dansar gammal vals freedom come freedom go georgia car georgia car accident lawyers glen beck glenn beck glenn beck kennedy center glenn beck rally glenn beck restoring honor glenn beck streaming Hagman health Health Care Healthcare Helps Honigsberg hosting hurricane hurricane earl hurricane earl 2010 hurricane earl projected path hurricane earl track Improve Information Insurance Insure Interesting Investments kaksee kingoloto Larry laurence fishburne daughter Legacy Liability looking Loses Manilow marques houston maserati granturismo megyn kelly melanie oudin Mercedes Mesothelioma mesothelioma attorney Million mistakes Money More Music Must my camp rock 2 Needed Nopalea omaha nighthawks Options Organizations Over patty patty mega Peter policy Problems Programs purchase car insurance online Quotes Raise Reckless rednex Rental restoring honor rally Review School Scotia se farfar dansar gammal vals text SelfEmployment Shortages should Skilled Splits Storms Student Summer Sunday Surprising Texas Through tips to buy car insurance Travel true blood season 3 episode 12 två mörka ögon ugal Understand Vegas vehical insurance Washington yha
اخبار مصر لحظة بلحظة